The Structure Principle and Maintenance Points of Screw Conveyor
Spiral conveyor machine is a conveying equipment that uses the rotation of spiral blades to push bulk materials forward along the casing.
1. The structure of the screw conveyor
It is composed of a driving device, a casing, a cover plate, a screw shaft, a screw blade, a material inlet, a material outlet and other components.
1. Spiral blade: It can be divided into several forms such as full-blade type, belt-blade type, paddle type and tooth type.
Full-leaf type: Simple structure, strong conveying capacity, suitable for conveying dry granular or powdery materials with good scattering properties. It is the most widely used blade type.
Paddle type spiral blade: It has a strong mixing and stirring effect while completing the conveying operation. For example, it is used for round sieve for separating blades and kernel shells of the mixer of the rolling mill.
2. Casing: There are two types of "U" row casings and round casings. The circular casing is mainly used for the feed of sealing equipment. The screw auger of the round casing is also called the sealed screw auger.
3. Screw shaft: hollow, made of steel pipe, high strength, light weight, and easy to connect. Use a small section of solid shaft at the shaft-to-shaft connection and where the bearing is installed. Extend the solid shaft into the hollow shaft at the connection, and use high-strength bolts to pierce the hollow shaft and the solid shaft in a mutually perpendicular direction to fix the connecting screw shaft.
Second, the use characteristics of Screw Conveyor
Advantages: simple structure, low manufacturing cost, easy maintenance, good airtightness of the machine tank, multi-point feeding and multi-point unloading, one conveyor can convey materials in two directions at the same time, and it can also be used in the transportation process Processes such as mixing, stirring, loosening, heating and cooling of materials.
Disadvantages: During the conveying process, the friction between the material and the shell and the spiral body and the stirring and turning of the spiral body on the material cause the groove and the spiral blade to be easily worn, and at the same time, it has a certain crushing effect on the material, and the transmission power consumption is large. The screw conveyor is sensitive to overload and needs to feed evenly, otherwise it is prone to blockage. When the screw conveyor is inclined or vertically arranged, its conveying efficiency will be greatly reduced; the conveying length is limited.
Therefore, it is often used for horizontal and short distance transportation. The conveying length is generally less than 40m, and the vertical conveying height is generally no more than 8m; it is not suitable for conveying long-fiber-like, hard and bulky, easily bonded and easily broken materials.
3. Correct operation and maintenance of Screw Conveyor for cement
Screw conveyor is a general purpose conveying equipment used to convey powder, granular, and small block materials. Various bearings are working in dust. Therefore, the reasonable operation and maintenance of the screw conveyor under such working conditions are more effective. In a big sense, the main requirements for the operation and maintenance of the screw conveyor are as follows:
1. The screw conveyor should start without load, that is, start when there is no material in the shell, and start feeding the screw conveyor after starting. Before and after driving, you should always check whether the reducer is driving smoothly. If there is any abnormality, stop and check immediately and try to eliminate it. Check the condition of the screw cover and whether there are sediments or other debris in the screw. It is forbidden to drive when the screw is blocked.
2. During the initial feeding of the screw conveyor, the feeding speed should be gradually increased until the rated conveying capacity is reached, and the feeding should be uniform, otherwise it is easy to cause the congestion of the conveyed materials, the overload of the driving device, and the entire machine will be damaged early.
3. In order to ensure the no-load starting requirements of the screw conveyor, the conveyor should stop feeding before stopping, and stop running after the material in the casing is completely discharged.
4. Do not mix hard and bulky materials into the conveyed materials to avoid the screw jam and damage the screw machine.
5. In use, always check the working status of each part of the screw machine, pay attention to whether the fasteners are loose, if you find that the parts are loose, you should immediately tighten the screws to re-tighten them.
6. Special attention should be paid to whether the screws between the screw connection shafts are loose, dropped or cut. If such a phenomenon is found, stop immediately and correct it. If the blades are worn out, replace the spiral blades. If abnormal noise or high temperature is found when working, please stop and check.
7. The cover of the screw conveyor should not be removed when the machine is running. All personnel are prohibited from crossing the equipment during the operation of the screw conveyor, opening the cover, and not allowing human bodies or other sundries to enter the equipment. It is strictly forbidden to perform maintenance and overhaul operations while the equipment is in operation. When the equipment is overhauled, it is necessary to strictly implement the power-off, lock-out and tag-out regulations, and conduct two-way verification to avoid accidents. Screw conveyors are widely used in grain, food and oil processing enterprises, and many safety accidents have occurred, which should arouse the great attention of the employees of oil processing plants.
8. Regularly refuel the reducer; change the bearing oil regularly, and do a good job of daily maintenance.